About the 1620 Club
The 1620 Club is an honorary organization of individuals who have made outstanding contributions to Portland State University and retain a strong desire to remain connected. It is also the longest-serving volunteer group at PSU. Members consist of former student leaders, active alumni/advocates, professors and administrators, Foundation board members and community leaders. All are supportive of our major urban university and take pride in their contributions.
The 1620 Club meets five times a year to network, socialize and engage with key university representatives, and tour new additions to our expanding campus. 1620 Club members enjoy an insiders’ view of the University and its challenges, opportunities, and successes.
1620 Club Membership is by invitation only. Qualified membership recommendations are encouraged. (Please include resume with your prospective member recommendations.) Membership year is June through May.
Caption: The 1620 Club name is inspired by the address still posted above the SW Park entrance to Lincoln Hall. 1620 SW Park Avenue was the original address of Portland State College after its move downtown following the devastating Vanport Flood of 1948.